The Meggyes Inn was built at the bottom of the huge Meggyes burial mound, which also marked the boundary between the settlements Tiszafüred and Kócs. The current building was built from 1760 to 1770 after the previous inn had burned down, funded by the Municipality of Tiszafüred. In 1902, the inn was bought for two thousand Hungarian Crowns by chief swineherd Janos Czinege, father of the famous chief herder “Count Czinege”.
Since the patrolmen of the three neighbouring settlements, Füred, Kócs and Ohat, spent their nights here as a rule, this inn was not much frequented by the 'betyár', the outlaws and highwaymen of the Puszta. After its license was withdrawn in 1952, the building was converted into a warehouse operated by the Hortobágy State Agricultural Co-operative. Luckily, the inn was renovated in 1975 and was designated to be a museum. The life and the everyday atmosphere of the 19th century Meggyes Inn are very well represented in the layout and in the interior design of this museum.
Phone number: 52/589-000E-mail: email@example.com
Múzeumok, kiállítások, látnivalók
Tanösvények, szórakozás, fürdők, programhelyszínek
Hortobágyi Nemzeti Park Igazgatóság
4024 Debrecen, Sumen u. 2.
Phone: +36 52 529 920
Mobile: +36 30 383 1612
Fax: +36 52 529 940