|Address:||H-4071 Hortobágy, Petőfi tér|
|Phone number:||Tel.: 52/589-000; Fax: 52/589-321|
The Hortobágy Inn, built along the „salt road” on the river Hortobágy next to the tax collector’s office / post office in 1699, was rebuilt and extended several times and eventually gained its present form at the beginning of the 19th century. The life of the inn was closely linked to the adjacent bridge and the cart shed that was a typical feature of inns situated along major roads and river crossings. The famous Nine-Arch-Bridge was built from blocks of tuff and ashlars from the neighbouring hills between 1827 and 1833. Bridge fairs have always been important events in the life of the Puszta and the inn played a significant role therein: whenever a good bargain was made, the partners normally celebrated this by having a drink here. In the course of history, many famous people, notabilities, artists and scholars have visited the famous Hortobágy Inn. Today, travellers and tourists are heartily welcomed at this three-hundred-year-old inn.
12-31 March, April: 10.00-16.00
May, June, September: 9.00-17.00
July, August: 9.00-18.00
October, November: 10.00-16.00
1 December-11 March: closed
1 November: closed
Entrance fee: 500 HUF/person, 250 HUF/student and senior visitors
The combined ticket of the Herdsmen Museum is also valid for the Körszín craftsmen's work exhibition, Hortobágy Inn exhibition and The world of cranes exhibition.
Múzeumok, kiállítások, látnivalók
Tanösvények, szórakozás, fürdők, programhelyszínek
Hortobágyi Nemzeti Park Igazgatóság
4024 Debrecen, Sumen u. 2.
Phone: +36 52 529 920
Mobile: +36 30 383 1612
Fax: +36 52 529 940